Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother

Every morning I make a decision to thank GOD for blessing me with a Mother who cares. You have always lifted me up in prayer, especially in troubled times, which you and I know has been much of my adult life. I tell people every chance I get “I would not be here if not for a praying Mother”.

There is nothing more precious than the prayers of a praying mother. You rocked me to sleep and wiped my tears, you have loved me through it all. You listened to my stories and shared your own, you made me laugh and helped me grow.

You were my first teacher. Your lessons helped prepare me for life. You taught me to be optimistic. I always cherish the quality time and talks we have. You always calmed me in times of trouble. Your love has always been a part of me. My heart overflows with it. Your examples lead me in the path of righteousness. You are such a comfort to my soul. I thank you for being the woman and Mother that you are.

You are the essence of God's radiance. You personify virtue, honor, and strength. God's word speaks of you in Proverbs 3:1. Your kind and gentle ways nurture my soul. Your love is unconditional. You carry yourself with grace and confidence. You are precious to my heart.

On this special day, I stop to think, and give God the glory and you the respect. When challenges came, you never neglected your faith, You taught us to stand by the words of our Savior. Your examples of love, devotion, and care, along with your wisdom and continual prayer, has provided me with gifts of love. Thank you, Mama for always being there.

Happy Mother's Day!!!




Your Son